1. By purchasing a ticket to this event and entering the venue, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and understand what has been stated.
2. Anyone found not adhering to these conditions will be removed from the event and not given a refund.
3. The event Gamefest, is run by the UOW club, Video Game Association, who are affiliated under the Centre for Student Engagement, a sub organization of UOW.
4. The event runs from Saturday the 28th of July till no later than 10am Sunday the 29th of July. The event may start to pack up earlier for larger areas like the pc gaming area so that individuals are able to vacate before the 10am closure time. No individual other than volunteers or staff should be in the venue before or after the event running time.
5. Every entrant shall be in charge of their own equipment, VGA and UOW do not take responsibility of any equipment brought into the venue.
6. Entrants enter at own risk and do so knowing that VGA and UOW do not take responsibility for any injury or accident received upon the individual because of his or any other entrants actions whether it be physical, sexual or verbal in nature.
7. All events and activities advertised were correct at the time of posting but variation or cancellation of events can happen due to unforeseen circumstances and VGA will do their best to replace these events with other activities where possible but is not guaranteed.
8. Food and drinks are allowed to be brought in to the venue but anything illegal or dangerous (not limited to but including alcohol, illicit drugs, flammable substances, lethal weaponry etc) found on persons upon entering will be taken to be held in storage and individuals may be not allowed entry dependant on severity without remuneration and proper authorities may be informed.
9. Individual’s equipment must meet safety and electrical standards. If equipment is found to be faulty and results in faults to the event, venue, or other attendees equipment, that individual might be liable for replacement/repair. Individual will not receive refund. If damage is severe or halts the event running, person could be subject to liability due to fault.
10. Individuals are allowed to go in and out of the venue freely during the times of 10am-8pm and 6am-10am. During the night we must close the doors for security reasons, attendees are allowed to come and go as they please, but must follow security’s instruction during this time.
11. Individuals entering the building are given a wristband or other relevant identifier of their ticket purchase and inclusion at the event when they enter the building and hand over their ticket. It is your responsibility to make sure your wristband/identifier.
12. We run a fun and friendly environment. Anyone found harming individuals physically or verbally will be given a warning, if actions persist the attendee will be removed from the venue. If abuse is severe we will remove you on the spot so you do not harm other attendees. If individual becomes violent and aims to hurt attendees or volunteers, authorities will be allerted to handle the situation and the individual in question will cover any potential damage cost(s) they may incur.
13. People bring in their equipment at their own risk. However we will not tolerate people breaking or stealing other people’s property. If an individual is found to be doing this they will be asked to leave and potential authority involvement could be called if case is severe.
14. Prizes offered are at discretion of the event and event organizers.
15. By entering the venue you allow VGA, UOW, and sponsors to use and/or publish photos/ multimedia material for promotion of the club, the event, their brand and the university.
16. Individuals under 18 must be either accompanied by an adult or have signed the parental consent form . If the individual enters with an adult the adult takes full responsibility for that child’s actions.
17. Individuals under the age of 12 are required to be accompanied by an adult for entry to the event and enter the venue with the explicit knowledge that the venue organisers are not there to babysit the children. Any issues arising from actions will be passed on to their parent/guardian and will be their responsibility for the full time they are at the venue.